Saturday, December 25, 2010

Things that I would NEVER wear! (#4)

Something which is rather masculine both in terms of historic attribute and fashion aesthetics is the bow tie. It has also gone through a serious revival lately via the preppy style and can be worn with any kind of suit or even street clothing, as long as there is some kind of shirt involved. But it is also something which I would never wear casually since I associate them with the book generation geeks!lol Neither would I wear them formally for that matter unless its on very special occasions which require a tuxedo. In my mind a bow tie is black and sleek, it belongs to tuxedos and is worn by James Bond!lol That is the only way that this fashion relic can be granted some sort of dignity. So all the floral and colourful bow ties currently flying around like butterflies in the streets are to me nothing but accessories for geeks and clowns!lol