Saturday, December 25, 2010

Persian cream buns with toasted tops

After six days of hard training and healthy eating Sundays are my “treat day”. I don’t have a sweet tooth (thankfully), but there is one pastry I can not say no to and that is my dear mother’s heavenly “naan-khaameyi”! She makes them the way I like it, bite-size, not so sweet and with toasted tops. When I was a kid she used to make hundreds of them for me to take to school and let me tell you that my Swedish friends went nuts for them! They sold out each time my class had a sweet-stand on the corner of the school-yard. These buns of delight which you behold above are currently sitting on the kitchen counter and flirting with me, so if you excuse me I’m gonna go for a feast. By the way, sorry if I can’t taarof you any, but even if I could I doubt that I would!lol Cuz these are all mine! Aaaall mine! Muwahahaha! ;)