Monday, February 08, 2010

Mos Def doc

I really like Mos Def. The guy has a very likable personality. Very sympathetic and intelligent (though not always equally articulate!). Being both musician and actor he is the definition of omnipotence, to me he is the epitome of the entire American urban culture! Omnivorous and eclectic, even when it comes to his sense for fashion.

His latest album “The Ecstatic” was of a high caliber, lyrically as well as musically. This interesting documentary follows the man on his recent tour to Japan. If you happen to be into cultural fusion I highly recommend you to watch it. I let you to it by quoting something Mos expresses well in this documentary, a point of departure which I personally happen to share:

“I’m into cultures that are fixated on beautiful things!”

Click to watch