Saturday, August 01, 2009

Naturalborn posers?

Speaking of posing for pictures, in the post about the 7th Music Band written days ago, people sometimes ask me how comes I tend to strike a pose when being photographed. I know I do and I have been thinking about it and come to the conclusion that its more of an automatic reaction than a conscious move. Of course through the years I have become more and more aware of the fact that I tend to do that, but ever since I was a kid even when I wasn’t fully aware of being photographed I happened to pose when I found myself facing the camera! Like in this candid pic which was taken by a lurking relative when I was on a daily escapade in our family house garden.

The Sartorialist is one of my favorite blogs when it comes to both fashion and photography. The fashion photographer Scott Schuman walks the streets of the world during spare time and shoots people whom he finds fashionable and photogenic. This image, courtesy of his blog, has managed to capture, what I would like to call, a family of naturalborn posers! Look at that father and his kids, the look in their eyes and their posture. Keep in mind that this was a candid shot of random people which was snapped in a matter of seconds when meeting them on the street. Yet each one of these gentlemen looks as if he has been preparing for this shot his entire life! Conclusively my argument is that its genetic, …being photogenic.