Saturday, June 26, 2010

I hate football, therefor I love vuvuzela!

Feel free to quote me on that, because I hereby declare my support for the vuvuzela! This south African instrument, which’s name you can hardly pronounce without twisting your tongue or write without double checking the spelling, has come to be internationally known via the ongoing World Circus Cup and thereby also the hate object for almost all football fans out there. The problem starts when thousands of these unite in a stadium, then it turns into a bee nest and it sounds like a swarm buzzing their azz and your ears off in 90 minutes non-stop! I personally don’t watch the games but you hear them just being in the same building as someone who watches the bloody games! But as unbearable this sound is it is also my only comfort through this month of hellball! For the first time in my life I don’t even need to start complaining in order to let off steam, to hear all the football fans being stung by the bees and tortured by the buzz is comfort enough for me!lol And in case you haven’t figured it out yet, yes, I hate …HATE football!! Except from moments of confusion and occasional lapse of reason every now and then, when even I get swept away by the national hysteria and let the frenzy get the best of me (the historic Iran vs. US game for instance, that got me running out on the balcony singing the national anthem on top of my bursting lungs), I have never liked it! I hate it as just as much as I love music! And don’t you even dare to get me started on the reason why!lol hehe ;)