Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pièce de résistance

In case you haven’t noticed I happen to have a fetish for scarfs! Some are crazy about ties I am nuts about scarfs. I guess it’s one of the remains from the New-Romantic era, that is left and living in me. You can work many ways with a scarf when creating a look, both tie and drape them. I collect them, in all colors and patterns that become me and my wardrobe. My main rule as both fashion aficionado and painting artist when it comes to picking a scarf that represents me is that it gets to be the single outstanding detail and showpiece in the whole attire. The pièce de résistance, the highlight and show-stopper that commands the attention of any room! While you should by default color-coordinate, you don’t need to make your entire outfit match. Liven up by adding a punch of color and character to your image with a scarf. This almost florescent turquoise delight is my latest inquisition and as you can see it is like a drop of jumping color on the basic black ensemble. Some rather avoid such vibrant colors in order to merge in the crowd, yours-truly however loves to stand out … in case you haven’t noticed!lol

This is a candid shot of me taken in the morning (thats why I smile!lol) a few days ago, the cold is a fact in Sweden by now so it’s all about dressing accordingly. I think you already know the winter coat and the brand new leather case, accompanying the blue attention-seeker!