Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The nightwalker’s ballad

I sometimes take nightwalks in the woods. If you have ever watched Twin Peaks then you can imagine the scenery!lol But seriously, there is no way to describe the refreshing and vitalizing feeling of embarking the realm of nature at night. So humbling. It clears my mind and puts me and my being in perspective. Living in Sweden I have the luxury of witnessing the midnight sun lighting up the woods during the summer and the glowing snow during the latter half of the year. Recently I’ve started feeling the winds of winter sneaking up on me, slowly. And the chill always reminds me of a certain song that I first heard 20 years ago. A song rather insignificant to the world and even to its singer, the former SMOKIE frontman Chris Norman’s career. But highly significant to me as I walked an entire night listening to this song on repeat, at the age of 15! A sweet agony or bitter pleasure, whatever you choose to call it, is always evoked in me when hearing this song ….”The Night Has Turned Cold“.