Friday, October 16, 2009

Return of the old New Romantics

Spandau Ballet have reunited and I’m sorry to hear that Sweden is not going to be a part of their European tour! Being a reader of my reviews and blog I’m sure that by now you know what the 80’s meant to me musically and culturally, in particular the New Romantic movement with its revival of the 19th century’s romantic art and ideals. Not to forget the awesome Art Deco fashion and hairs style that came with it. Here’s my favorite (Duran Duran inspired) video of theirs which basically samples all the things about them and the genre, “Highly Strung“.

So exaggeratedly elegant and theatrical in attitude and appearance. It was a time of shoulder pads and hairspray! A lot of hairspray!lol Since not a single hair was to be out of place! This yearbook picture from my early teens ( I must have been 13 or 14) is a testimony to my passion and devotion for the new romantic perfection.