Friday, October 16, 2009

More than a love triangle

If you happened to enjoy my description and recommendation of “Elegy” then I have a new “realistically romantic” gem for you. The movie “Two Lovers” is as the title suggests a story about a love triangle connecting three individuals with interesting characters. In particular the complex male character played perfectly by Joaquin Phoenix, one of the most realistically contradictory characters that I’ve ever seen in a movie. The movie is also supposed to be Joaquin Phoenix’s last cinematic performance! He has apparently decided to go a …rapper! A full-fledged professional one. The guy is one of my favorite actors, who delivers a role even when he isn’t in top shape, so I hope that its just a phase he is going through. Anyways, do check out “Two Lovers” if you’re into unconventional love stories with a character depth.