Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back in the snood

The summer isn’t quite over but as usual the fall/winter clothes are hitting the stores around Europe and my very first piece acquired is yet another snood from the Swedish MQ. This year a fully fledged one, much like the ones I liked from the Nicholas K collection. This one even covers my head like a hood and not only my neck. The whole thing goes in a loop and you are meant to warp and drape it like a bedouin scarf. You might even find it looking a bit like the women’s hair scarf in Iran! Like I said the snood is originally a part of the women’s fashion, that’s why it might deem a bit feminine. But unlike the wrist-borne bags this is one feminine attribute which I can conveniently incorporate in my wardrobe, since it translates well into my personal style. Now if you excuse me I’m gonna go audition for the role of Altair in Assassin’s Creed! hehe