Friday, September 25, 2009

Who can resist a girl in a black turtleneck?

Natalie Imbruglia is back, this time with a controversial little video! I am not sure that someone like me would agree with its controversiality but it involves some nudity or better said naked “skin” (since nudity is by definition exposed nipples and private parts)! But I like it. Its Metropolitan chic with a twist of Arthouse sensualism, the artsy-sexy kind that I personally love to see in movies as well as music videos. And most important of all, it fits and enhances the song and its theme!

The sound has gone through a bit of a change with an euro-electro overtone, unlike her previous singer/songwriter songs. It sounds very 90’s Kylie I must say, but still fresh! Since these things go in trend loops and right now this one is renewing its expiration date. She walks a fine risky line with this blend of image and style, but she pulls it (and takes it) off elegantly. I mean who can resist a girl in a black bodyhugging turtleneck?! Or out of it, for that matter!

Note: thanks to Pedram