Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Event To Forget!


Ever since that the numbers of countries in Europe has increased through division and independence of states and provinces, the EUROVISION has become far too crowdy for a one night event! Since a couple of years ago more than 20 of the countries need to compete in a semi-final for a position in the final. Mostly new countries and those that didn’t make it to the top list in last year’s final. Last night’s semi-final in Helsinki offered perhaps the most terrible line-up that I’ve seen during my past 22 years of EUROVISION screening! The acts and songs most importantly were of such low quality that I seriously considered to skip the show for the first time! And having also seen the entries that have been directly picked for the final tomorrow I am seriously contemplating whether I should watch this or not. Another reason is the incredibly poor art direction of the show that I caught last night, the thought of it makes me cringe! Such a show should be a feast for the eyes but last night was underwhelming!

All in all the main two things that helped me endure this show is the Polish vocalist above and the Moldavian contestant below! Hehe! God bless them! ;)