Friday, December 25, 2009

Jingle kindle!

I’m putting up the Kindle on my Christmas wish-list! With already thousands of books in my private library and as someone who hates audio-books this is the space-saving compromise that I’ve been waiting for. Don’t get me wrong though, I love the feeling of holding an actual book in my hands and nothing beats the associative scent of its either new or vintage pages with each turning. I will still hunt down those collectible coffee-table books or editions that come in a clever cover and design, however the majority of text-book paperbacks that consume the shelf-space I rather do without! Not to mention the convenience and capacity to bring many times the reading material that has been possible in paper-format with you on the road. It’s like the CDs and the respective portable media players, not really a replacement but rather a practical complement!