Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bull! Pit-Bull!!


Being a short-term Bond-fan who got into the franchise with Timothy Dalton’s near-Shakespearean interpretation of the British agent and fell out with Pierce Brosnan’s neo-Moore performance I had my doubts and fears when I saw the image of Daniel Craig as the new Bond! Craig who looks more like a Bond-villain from the cold war era and has therefore not so surprisingly played mostly bad guys in his career just didn’t look cut for the sleek suit! Yet when I read the overwhelmingly positive reviews I thought hey I should give the guy a chance! There is a chance that the guy just “looks” like “that“! And yesterday I finally sat down and watched the long flick, which was disappointingly nothing like what its been described as by the critics (hey we critics aren’t perfect either, even though it might be hard to belive!lol)! The supposedly more “realistic” Bond got things even more “unrealistic” once in action! All in all I must say that there was nothing new, let alone realistic, to this version of Bond other than the fact that Craig possessed and displayed the charm of a crossed and constipated pit-bull!