Sunday, October 17, 2010

The crown prince

“Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” has just been premiered in Europe and I reserve my thoughts about the sequel to one of history’s most influential films ’til I’ve seen it. It remains to be seen whether this turns out to be a catastrophically failing capitalisation on the legacy of a classic or it is a long-overdue and worthy successor to the throne of a dynasty! Either way, I love the concept of the movie and the trailer bodes well with Shia LaBeouf hampering his annoying brat character in a role that for once fits him like the tailored suits he wears in the movie.

On a side note, the Wall Street movies are along with the Oceans trilogy among the top men’s fashion product placement productions of Hollywood. In my book Shia looks the part of a modern yuppie puppy, even a “shaazdeh” and the poster (which I compare above with a royal Qajar portrait, just to prove my point) is the ultimate epitome of the saga and symbolism of a royal succession!