Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Painting on iPad

I never got around to get the Amazon kindle, so when the iPad was announced it immediately got my attention. Since you can use it to read the same books and much much more. But it was when I realised that you can also use it as a tablet, a digital sketch pad basically, that my mouth started to water! You see, I never got around to get a Cintiq either (shame on me). So when I now see all my sought after functions and the amazing possibilities gathered all in one single (even smaller) device its like a dream coming true. I have admittedly never been interested in Apple products, but in this case I see something I can work with on so many intellectual and creative levels. It’s the prefect crossing between a laptop and an iPhone. Not too big and not too small. While most of my Mac-fan friends, ironically, don’t see any point with this particular product I see a perfect solution for my particular needs. Something practical, portable and stylish that makes my life as a multitasker easier. One of my favourite contemporary portrait-painting artists David Kassan managed to render the following portrait in only three hours with his finger tips! So imagine what results one can accomplish with a good App and a Stylus. I feel the burning sensation of creation in my finger tips already!