Saturday, December 30, 2006

Killing Game


I am a fan of computer games! But just as I’m very fussy about comic books there is also only a few stylistic approaches and themes that appeal to me when it comes to game. One of my absolute favourite games these past years has been the Prince of Persia (PoP) trilogy! The game has in a miraculous way met all my expectations from a game and in a way also realised my childhood ideas about how a great story/movie should be! A balance blend of action and adventure combined with historic exoticism and mythological mysticism. Now that the Prince of Persia series is put on hold I’m eagerly waiting for a forthcoming game from the same creative team at UBISOFT. The game entitled “Assassin’s Creed” is neither stylistically nor thematically far from the PoP games, but at the same time while the PoP was a linear game AC got the entire environment as an interactive field to explore! And while PoP was more of a fantasy game AC is based on actual historic facts which makes it credible! Its about Altaïr and his clan of assassins (Hashashin) in the ancient cities of Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre amidst the third Crusade. The game is to be from the Next Generation series created for XBOX 360 and PS3, and from the demos I’ve seen so far its gonna be a hell of a game! You can practically freeze and cap each frame of this promising game and print it for wall-hanging!


And knowing that the history's cutest game programmer/producer Jade Raymond is leading the project doesnt exactly kill the excitement! hehe!